April 10 Service Center Metals Tour
Tour of Service Center Metals
- 5850 Quality Way Prince George, Virginia 23875
- 2:45 - 3:00 PM: Arrival and Check-in
- 3:00 - 5:00 PM: Tour
Service Center Metals is an aluminum extruder that markets directly to distributors. The plant is very modern, and has expanded several times since its establishment in 2002. We do not have an opportunity to tour this plant very often, so we encourage you to attend if your schedule allows.
March 30 General body meeting
Guest Speaker: Tarlton Brewer - Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
March 16 General body meeting
Guest Speaker: Dr. Gerard Miller from VCU School of Biomedical Engineering
March 4 TSA Competition
March 4, 2017
Deep Run High School
More than 100 Volunteers Needed!
Need Judges for more than 32 different competitions, such as:
- Dragster Design, Flight Endurance, and Video Game Design
- More info: http://virginiatsa.org/regional-fairs-2/south-central/
- See Gallery →
March 2 General Body Meeting
Guest Speaker: Jeff Bailey from Dominion Resources
February 28 IIHS Tour
February 23 Engineers WEek Banquet
Richmond Joint Engineers Council (RJEC) Banquet,
Thursday, February 23
At Jefferson Hotel
Cocktails begin at 5:00 pm
Formal Dinner begins at 6:00 pm
Keynote Speaker: Jessica Foley, PhD
Chief Scientific Officer for the Focused Ultrasound Foundation
February 19 Science Museum Volunteering
Volunteers are needed to help with the Egg Drop and Rocket Car
Competitions to serve as judges and helpers with the contest. Volunteers
will get free admission to the Science museum for the day. Pizza will also
be available for the volunteers.
Sunday Feb 19, 11:00 to 4:00PM
Science Museum of Virginia
CO2 Dragster Rules:
February 16 General Body MEeting
- Jeffrey W. Wiese, PhD, PE
- Consulting Engineer, General Manager Nonlinear Engineering, LLC
- Chairman - Central VA ASME Section
- Tony Marotto
- Central VA ASME Section
- Kurt Thompson
- American Society for Metals
February 10 Resume Review With Career Services
Drop-In Resume Reviews With Engineering Career Services
- February 10, 2017
- 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm
- Engineering West Hall, Lobby
- Come to get your resume reviewed!
- No appointment needed - just stop by when you can!
- 1-2 volunteers to set up and pack up
February 2 General Body Meeting
- Dr. Charles Cartin
- Professor - VCU School of Engineering
- Ms. Laura Lemza
- Assistant Director - Engineering Career Services
January 21 Martinair Learjet Tour
Tour of an uncovered Learjet at Martinair Inc.
- 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21st
- 5733 Huntsman Rd, Richmond International Airport, VA 23250
There is a Learjet 45 in for an inspection where engines are uncovered, panels are removed and some interior is removed with under floor access. This is a great opportunity to see how an aircraft is put together structurally, with access to hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
January 18 Rolls Royce Tour
Tour of Rolls Royce Crosspointe Facility.
- Wednesday January 18, 2017
- 8800 Wells Station Road, Prince George Virginia 23875
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Rolls-Royce Crosspointe facility in Virginia is a center of excellence
for the manufacture of precision-engineered engine components for some of
the most advanced aircraft in the world. Located on 1,000 acres of land,
30 miles south of Richmond, it is the first Rolls-Royce manufacturing
facility built from the ground up in the U.S.